Automating claims processing at nib
nib is a health and medical insurance provider in Australia with approximately 1,500 employees and over 1.6 million members
The nib mobile app allows members to easily make claims by submitting a photo of a receipt from their mobile device. Relevant information from submitted receipt photos was manually entered into the nib claims system.
- Integrate an automated solution to assist nib employees with the manual entry of key fields from the receipts
- Seamlessly fit into nib’s current business processes and technology
- Sensitive receipt data must remain within nib’s secure AWS environment at all times
- Reduce the turnaround time for each member by enabling the claims team to process assessments faster
Amazon Textract was selected for its accuracy and ability to determine the document structure while extracting text. Geometric de-skewing and key-value pair recognition were particularly effective in handling claims receipts.
Eliiza created a image processing pipeline to:
- Find and extract relevant fields from receipt photographs
- Analyse the extracted text and identify information required for the claims process
- Pre-populate the claims processing system, ready for employee review
- Provide nib with automated monitoring to validate accuracy of the solution